hailey03

hailey03

1 observations in 2 expeditions


Recent Observations

This beach clean-up( august 21st 2016) is to mainly clean-up the earth and also promote our next clean-up at crystal springs in Dunnellon FL. ( TBA ) with the open ROV's 2.8 that the GURC built in 3 days!!! we would like to build water testers and clampers to clean the river of pollution and also test for pollution. we would love if we can gather more open ROV pilots to create more of a progress to clean the crystal river springs. so in the beach clean up we need funding for food for the amazing volunteers and the supplies that we need to clean the beach. with the funds that we produce out of the beach clean-up 30% will go to the animals at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and the other 70% will go to the crystal river springs so we need all the help we can get please & and thank you!!! Who are we? We are a group of girls inspired individuals interested in STEM subjects hoping to make the waters of Florida cleaner. We all attended Girl's Underwater Robot camp sponsored by National Geographic, CTAE, Pinellas County School's STEM academies, and Clearwater Marine Aquarium. At this camp we constructed three ROVs that we will be using for expeditions. You may get wet, so be prepared for that. Bring shoes you can walk in comfortably and would be okay with getting wet. Wear and bring sunscreen, as well as a hat and sunglasses. It may rain so bring a jacket and/or umbrella. Bring lots of water! Bring snacks, lunch will be provided. On Crystal River, we will be renting a pontoon boat. It will cost between $150 and $200 to rent a 12 person pontoon boat for the day. Catering for the event will cost around $100. Crystal River contains many springs of varying depths, the deepest being around 15 meters.