Building the ROVMay 19 2014
Accept contributions for your expediton by providing us a few details. We will create an account on your behalf at WePay. If you haven't already registered with WePay, they will send you an email to complete your registration.
Here is a video of our Beta testing! We have ironed out the bugs and it seems to be operating as expected...we also dealt with the fogging issue by coating the inside with some anti-fogging spray used for scuba masks. We are operating the ROV in Lake Superior which even at the peak of summer is a very cold lake so we will monitor this fogging issue to see if it continues to be a problem
Here is a video from our Alpha testing...it was shot in September at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay...the water is quite cold!! One issue we identified that is not shown in the video was fogging on the inside due to the cooling of the ROV after being sealed with warm air inside...we solved this later on
Sorry for the long delay but we had some issues getting everything running!! The biggest issues we encountered were that our ROV was dropping its connection to the control computer...this turned out to be an issue with the supplied network cable connecting the beagle board to the Ardunio...once we replaced that we sorted out most of our hardware issues.
The other major issue we had is outlined in this link openrov.com/forum/topics/brownouts-and-motor-power. The issue is entirely software and was resolved by following the steps outlined in the link.